Congratulations Madeline Morasca for receiving the American Nuclear Society’s Joseph Naser Undergraduate Scholarship!

Madeline Morasca, an undergraduate researcher at the SoTeRiA Lab, was recently awarded the 2022-23 ANS Joseph Naser Undergraduate Scholarship. This scholarship is designated for students pursuing undergraduate studies in nuclear engineering with a focus in the field of human factors, instrumentation, and controls.

“I am very grateful to be an ANS Scholar this year. Having the opportunity to participate in undergraduate research with the SoTeRiA Laboratory is rewarding for a plethora of reasons but being recognized for my recent research achievements is increasingly motivating,” she says. “Being an ANS Scholar will allow me to expand upon my current research of human and organizational factors within probabilistic risk assessment (PRA).”

Madeline is an active member of the U of I chapter of Women in Nuclear. Her research in the SoTeRiA Lab focuses on the incorporation of organizational factors into Human Reliability Analysis (HRA) and Probabilistic Risk Assessment (PRA) of nuclear power plants. She plans to continue to utilize risk analysis in whichever career path she chooses after graduation. See the full story here: https://lnkd.in/gMBcAQGa.

Congratulations Madeline!

CookieSettings CookieSettings